Having a problem with the Adobe Flash Player is not rare at all. Once pervasive in all Windows Computer, Adobe Flash Player is losing its ground nowadays. Many Windows 10 users face problems browsing different websites through Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, even the Microsoft Edge and reports Adobe flash not working Windows 10. Are you having the same issue? Then, we can help you to fix it. Go through the article and find some easy fixes for the problem.
Adobe Flash Player is mostly used in websites to show video and audio contents. Along with that, it is quite impossible to execute rich internet applications without the Adobe Flash Player. Most importantly to load multimedia content it is necessary to load Adobe Plugin. Here are the reasons because of which you are facing Adobe Flash player not Working Windows 10 error.
Reasons Behind Adobe flash not working Windows 10
There can be a lot of reasons because of which you are having troubles loading Adobe plugin in your browser. However, these are the most basic reasons…
- You are using an outdated version of the browser
- Adobe Flash Player is disabled on the particular browser that you’re on
- You have not installed the latest Windows Update
Before going to the solution, I must make you aware that, it is always better to seek experts’ assistance whenever you face some error. Nowadays, it is quite difficult to find a reliable source of assistance hence, you can always contact their Technical Support team in your dire times.
How To Fix Adobe flash not working Windows 10
Restart The Computer
In some or the other occasions, a temporary issue is a reason behind the problem you were facing. In such situations, all you need to do is closing the browser and restarting your computer. To restart the computer, press the Windows Logo Key on your computer and hover the cursor on the arrow beside the Shutdown button. Finally, Click on the Restart option.
Problem not solved yet? Then, you must update the browser you are using on your Windows 10.
Update The Browser
Updating the browser can help you to solve the issue. Go through further and learn how to update the popular browser like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
Update Google Chrome
Your browser normally takes update when you close and reopen chrome. But, at times, the automatic updates don’t work. And in such situations you might have to face Adobe Flash Player Couldn’t load plugin Chrome error. If you find your browser is not going through an update, then automatically you can proceed with a manual update and fix the problem you are facing.
Before updating check whether your chrome browser is updated or not.
To check whether the browser is updated or not
- Open your Chrome Browser
- Then at the top right, look at the more icon; the three dots under the close button
If the update is pending the icon will be colored:
- Red: Update available for 7 days but not installed
- Orange: An update is pending for 4 days
- Green: Update is been available for two days
Now if you find you need to update Google Chrome follow the steps below
- Firstly, Open Chrome from your computer
- Then Click More
- Now, Select the Update Google Chrome Button. If you can’t find it then you already have the latest version
- Finally, Click Relaunch
If you are using Mozilla Firefox and having the same issue you must update the Firefox browser to solve it.
Update Mozilla Firefox
To update Mozilla Firefox on your computer, follow the steps given here:
- Firstly, Click on the Menu Button
- Then, select help and select and click on the About Firefox button
- Now, About Mozilla Firefox window will open.
- Here you can see the browser will automatically check for updates and will download it
- After the completion of the downloading process click Restart to Update Firefox option
Run Windows Update
Probably a Windows 10 update is not installed and you are using an outdated version. And that is causing you Adobe flash not working Windows 10 error. You need to download the Windows 10 update to solve the issue. When you update the operating system, the Microsoft Edge browser also receives the update. So, downloading and installing the Windows Update can definitely help you to get over the problem.
Follow the steps below to run a windows update:
- Click the Start Button
- Go to All Programs
- Now Click on the Windows Update to run the update process
Note: Logged on as an administrator to your Windows 10 computer to let the updates install and work.
Still facing the problem? Then there are possibilities that Adobe flash player is not enabled and that is something causing the problem.
Enable Adobe Flash Player
Adobe flash player is already coupled in along with the Microsoft Edge browser on Windows 10. If you are facing Adobe flash not working windows 10 error then it must be for disabling Adobe Flash Player. Enable Adobe Flash Player to resolve the problem.
Use the following steps to enable Flash content in your Microsoft Edge browser:
- Firstly, Open Microsoft Edge browser on your computer.
- Then, on the top right-hand corner, click the ‘Menu’ icon.
- After that, click on the Settings near the bottom of the menu which appears
- Now you need to click View advanced settings which are under the Advanced Settings header
- Then, Toggle Use Adobe Flash Player to On
After proceeding with the steps above Allow Flash content for a website
- At first, in Microsoft Edge navigate to the website that is missing Flash content
- Now, on the top right-hand side of the address bar, there is an icon
- Click icon which will display a flyout Adobe Flash content was blocked
- Then, Click on Allow once or Always allow the button to allow Flash content to run on that page for just one time or forever respectively
There is an Alternative option as well. If you are not able to complete the task following the above steps go with the steps mentioned below.
- Firstly, in Microsoft Edge navigate to the website that is missing Flash content
- Now, on the top left-hand side of the address bar, you will notice an icon
- Click that icon
- Finally, Click Allow Adobe Flash
The problem not solved yet? You must take the experts assistance then. As promised earlier here are the contact details of Adobe experts you can get in touch with.