Adobe Photoshop is an advanced graphics editing application which is used to edit and compose images. The edited images are saved with a .psd file extension. However, these excellent image files in the PC may become unreachable due to unexpected errors like Adobe Error 6.
Many times users without proper knowledge of the usage of Photoshop app may handle the program incorrectly which may result in several error messages popping up.
Indications of the Adobe Error 6 in Photoshop
- Adobe Photoshop Error 6 appears on the window of Adobe Photoshop and the program closes right after it.
- The Error 6 message appears during the installation process of the Adobe Photoshop application.
- A message displays which highlights ‘Adobe Photoshop Error 6’.
- After opening the Photoshop application, Windows freezes for a few seconds and it occurs from time to time.
- The Window responds slowly to the inputs given by keyboard or the mouse clicks.
Situations which lead to Photoshop Error 6
There are many situations which can lead to the occurrence of the Error 6 message. Here is the list of common causes which can lead to this error.
- If the Photoshop app is severely affected by the virus then the Error 6 message occurs. This is one of the most common causes for the occurrence of the error.
- Improper installation of Adobe Photoshop results in the occurrence of this error. Also, some missing configuration setting can also cause the error 6 to arise.
- Installation of the third party apps or tools from untrusted sources can have an adverse effect on the functionality of the computer. If the important Photoshop files are harmed then it can result in the appearance of such error messages.
Troubleshooting Methods for Adobe Error 6
1. Full Malware Scan of the PC
There is a big possibility that the Photoshop Error 6 is caused due to any malware infection in your PC. These malicious programs can damage your important files and at the same time, it can delete the Photoshop files.
Moreover, there is a big chance that the Error 6 could be related to the component of Photoshop 6 program. Hence a proper Malware scan of the PC will more likely remove and delete the harmful programs from your PC and repair the error as well.
2. Clean the System Junk Files and Folders
The computer collects the junk files from the normal internet surfing and the computer usage from time to time. This can ultimately can result in Adobe Photoshop responding and running very slowly.
The accumulation of the junk files and folders is likely to give birth to the Error 6 messages in the system. Therefore, clean such junk files in order to improve the speed of the Photoshop program and also vanish unprecedented errors like Error 6.
If the above methods did not help you to get rid of your problem, then turn to the experts at Support for reliable solutions.