When users try to download or install an App from the Google Play Store, they may face Android Error Code 18. It is an unusual error that occurs displaying the message like the App could not be downloaded due to error code 18. Sometimes this error may come up when users try to update an App, already available in Google Play Store. It is a very annoying error that prevents users from downloading or updating their Apps to the latest available version.
Android error 18 is a common problem faced by many users on their mobile device. Users are often puzzled as to what causes this Error 18 to occur and how can they get rid of it quickly. Here we have explained in simple steps as to how can users resolve this particular Android error code 18 issue.
How To Fix Google Play Store Error -18
Here is some simple guided solution to help you fix the Android error code 18.
Method 1: Clear Cache and Temp Data from Device Memory
- Under Settings go to the Application Setting option and clear all the Cache Data.
- Once all the temporary data has been cleared, you will need to Force Stop the applications.
- Go to Google Play Service and clear all the data and cache.
- Now, open Google Services Framework and clear Cache and Data.
- Also, clear all saved data from Download Manager.
- Now, restart your mobile and try to download the app again.
Method 2: Unmount SD card from your Android device
- Go to Storage under Settings and select the option “Unmount SD card”.
- Now, open Google Play Store and download the app again that was throwing the error.
- After the app has been successfully installed, go back to Storage in Settings App and enable “mount SD card”.
- If this does not work, try to install the app after removing SD card.
Method 3: Move the app to Phone from SD card
- Under the Settings app, go to Apps and select the option All apps.
- Now, scroll down and select the app that was throwing error while updating it.
- Move that app to your Phone memory.
- Now, go to Google Play Store and update the app.
- After the app successfully updates, move it back to SD card.
Method 4: Uninstall Google Play Store Updates
- Under Settings, go to Application and then to All apps.
- Launch Google Play Store and click on Uninstall Updates.
- Once you have uninstalled all the Google Play Store updates, restart your mobile phone.
- Now, download the app. If you still face error while downloading the app then try updating the Google Play Store again to the latest update available.
Method 5: Reboot your device
In order to resolve Android Error Code 18 try restarting your device. Even though this step is quite simple yet it is a very effective method. Rebooting your device can not only fix Error Code 18 but also solve many other minor software issues in the background. In order to reboot, press the power button for a few seconds. Click on “Restart/Reboot” option that appears on the screen. You can also restart your device to see if it fixes the issue.