In today’s industry of computer technology, Asus is one of the top hardware manufacturer brands. This Taiwanese company is famous for designing a wide range of desktops, laptops, motherboards, graphics cards, router, and many other products. Millions of users across the world prefer Asus laptops over other brands. Though it provides useful features, Asus has some technical issues as well. The Asus error code 0xc000000f is one of them. This error is mainly related to the Windows system.
In case, you’re also looking for a reliable solution regarding this Asus error, don’t worry. In this article, we will provide you with the best ways to fix this problem.
What Is The Asus Error Code 0xc000000f?
It is a blue screen of death error in your Windows. The occurrence of Asus error code 0xc000000f is related to the Windows, boot manager. Due to this error code, your computer’s OS is unable to read the booting configuration data. Thus, the blue screen appears with a prompt message to repair your device.
There can be various reasons for your OS not being able to read booting configuration data. Such as:
- Corrupt boot sector due to power outages, virus or malware effect
- Hard disk error due to power outages
- Corrupt system files due to improper shutdown or power outage
- Hardware damage issue
Asus Model x5551m Error Code 0xc000000f | Easy To Troubleshoot
As there are different reasons for the Asus error code 0xc000000f, various solutions are also available. To solve this issue, go through the following methods of solution:
1. Disable Peripheral Hardware
- First, remove all hardware peripherals from your computer except the keyboard and mouse.
- Also, remove CD, USB or DVDs from the laptop or PC.
- Reboot your device to check whether it starts normally or not.
2. Manually Rebuild BCD
- First, start from the Windows installation disc.
- Then, choose the proper language, time and keyboard input. Next, select the ‘Repair your computer’ option.
- Choose the drive ‘C:\’ and click on ‘Next’.
- When you see the ‘System Recovery Options’, select the ‘Command Prompt’.
- Type ‘bootrec/rebuildbcd’ in the prompt box and hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- Now, when the program asks for the new location for Windows installation in the boot list, press ‘Y’.
3. Check The Computer Hard Disk
If somehow the hard drive file gets corrupted, then you can fix it with Windows CHKDSK utility. Perform the following steps:
- First, restart your Windows.
- Then change the proper language, time and keyboard input. After that, choose the ‘Repair your computer’ option.
- Now, select the Windows installation drive, i.e. ‘C:\’ and press ‘Next’.
- Wait until the ‘System Recovery Options’ box appears and then select the ‘Command Prompt’.
- Next, type ‘chkdsk C:/f’ and then press ‘Enter’.