Imagine, you are about to print something, and your black ink runs out. You panic and try to search for resolution all over the place. But, you don’t find a solution that is clear and doable. We have received many queries regarding Epson printer won’t print black issue. So we decided to do self-help write up to help you to deal with this error yourselves.
Epson Printer Won’t Print Black: Common Causes
One reason why Epson printer not printing black, of course, could be that your black ink has died. Your printer won’t print without the black ink. Secondly, your printhead nozzle could be clogged up, preventing your printer from printing black. In both the cases, you can do things to make your printer work. If the nozzle is blocked, you must clean the nozzle to make it work.
If you have run out of black ink or the colored inks, if there is some other reason why Epson printer black ink not printing black, there are a few things you can do.
Solutions For Epson Printer Won’t Print Black
We have already talked about cleaning the printhead in their previous post ‘Easy Steps To Clean Printer Head’. You can check it out if your printhead nozzle is blocked. Leaving that part, let’s move ahead to other solutions.
Some Basic Tips:
- Turn off your printer and unplug it. Wait for few minutes and turn it back on.
- On the display screen of your printer, you will find an option of the print test page. If you are unable to spot it, go through the user manual.
- Print a test page. Check the ink and replace the empty cartridges.
Usually, an Epson printer won’t print black and white without color ink. It is advisable to replace your empty colored ink tank with a new and filled one. However, with a few tweaks in settings, you can print in grayscale in case of urgency. Here’s how you can do it.
- Close the printing application.
- From the start menu, go to devices and printer icon. Click on it.
- Select the printer you want to configure. Right-click on the printer’s name and go to printing preferences.
- Select the color tab, then click on the print in grayscale option. Click apply and then ok.
Try printing it now.