The error code -50 Mac, is primarily a file transfer error. It appears when you try to copy some files from one folder to another folder. Sometimes from a hard drive to another external hard drive. You must be thinking about that why are you facing the error?
Well, this is because of some defected software in your device. Thus, it is also known as Mac OS error code -50. We have got you some solutions which help you to solve the failure. Go through the article to understand the reason behind the error and resolve it too. The tech expert guide is provided to you below.
Causes for error code -50 Mac
You can face the error if you are utilizing any formatted NTFS external storage device. The NTFS formatted device is not compatible with the Mac. Thus, it can give an error.
You may also face the error like Mac Battery not charging. If you are copying any file into faulty equipment, then it will give the error. Moreover, if you are transferring windows file into Mac, then you can meet the error. It is because some of the data are only readable only in Windows. Thus, it can give the error code -50 Mac.
If you are trying to open the file which is not accessible or you may not have the right to access the data. And if you are trying to copy the file, then you will face the error.
Solutions for error code -50 Mac
Do you have any of these issues with you? Follow the below-given steps to get rid of the problem.
- Try copying the file with the help of terminal.
- Verify the Map partitions. If it needed, then you must repair the disk partitions.
- If you are copying any large files, then try to divide the files into smaller parts. Break a single large file into several pieces and then try copying.
- If needed then you can format your device to get rid of the issue.
- Repair the faulty disk of the system.
- Try converting the unreadable file of the windows into a readable file.
- If you do not have access to the file then, get the access to it.
Go through these steps this will surely resolve the error. If you are unable to determine the mistake.