HP is one of the largest sellers of the laptop in the market nowadays. It is quite famous for making good quality laptops and computers for a long time. Although having many useful functions and features, HP devices do produce technical glitches. Recently HP laptop error code 601 has become the very common and frustrating problem for the people. This error is an internal battery issue. But there are various ways to fix the problem.
What Causes HP Laptop Error Code 601?
Misconfiguration of system files in your Windows Operating System can cause the HP laptop error code 601. If there are any damages in the Windows system files, then it can be a real threat to your laptop. Such as incomplete installation or uninstallation, improper deletion of software or other applications, etc.
Another case where you may have to face such error code is if your laptop is recovered from any virus or spyware attack. In fact, if you have shut down your system improperly, then it will create problems with system files resulting in error 601.
HP Error Code 601 | Preferable Solutions
In this section, you can find effective solutions help you to get rid of the HP laptop error code 601 issue. So, it’s time for us to go ahead and have a look at some handy solutions:
Solution 1: Re-insert Battery
The simplest way to fix the HP error code problem is by removing the battery and insert it again in the laptop. To do this,
- First, switch off your laptop and unplug the Power Cord from it. Then remove the battery.
- When detached, press and hold down the power switch for 25 seconds or more.
- Then re-insert the battery in the laptop and reconnect the power supply.
- Now, you can turn on your laptop and check the result.
Solution 2: Test The Battery
You can run the battery test using System diagnostics provided by HP users to track battery performance. Follow the steps to test the battery:
- Shut down your HP laptop.
- Now, turn on the laptop and hit the ‘esc’ key to open the ‘Startup Menu’.
- When the ‘Startup Menu’ appears, press the ‘F2’ key to launch the ‘Battery Test’ option.
- Next, go through the instructions to complete the battery test process successfully.
Solution 3: Run Your Laptop Without A Battery
If the previous methods don’t solve the HP error code 601, then you can try out this method. Try to run your laptop without connecting the battery. To do that,
- At first, turn off your laptop, unplug the power cable and remove the battery.
- After removing the battery, you need to press and hold the On/Off button for at least 20 seconds.
- Then reconnect the power cable after the given time is over.
- Finally, start your laptop to check whether the error is present or not.