One of Apple’s best creation is iTunes. It not only serves as a platform for the users to listen to music uninterruptedly but also fulfills many other entertainment purposes. iTunes is also helpful for transferring media from any laptop or MacBook to your iPhone or vice-versa. Though having so many different features, iTunes comes with some technical glitches. One of the most common errors that the Apple users encounter is the iTunes error 0xe8000015. Due to this error, the iPhone is unable to access the iTunes application.
In the same way, if you’re also facing such issues with your iTunes software, then you should fix them right away. With the correct error solving methods you can easily overcome such problem.
What Causes iTunes Error 0xe8000015?
Often you might find that your iTunes is not working and a prompt ‘iTunes could not connect to this iPhone’ appears. This means iTunes error 0xe8000015 is causing problems in the regular functionality of your iTunes application. Generally, when the user connects his/her iOS device to an unrecognized PC or laptop, the particular iTunes error occurs.
There can be other relevant reasons too due to which you might go through with some difficulties while using iTunes. Some of the probable causes for the iTunes error are:
- Your iTunes is out of date.
- Network connection problem.
- Less storage in iPhone or other iOS devices.
- Restriction mode in the iOS device.
- Malware attack.
Troubleshoot iTunes Error Code 0xe8000015
You can fix the issues of iTunes error 0xe8000015 using the correct methods of solution. Here are some of the best solution steps that will help you to resolve this problem.
Solution 1: Disable Restriction Mode
Just in case you have a restriction mode active on iPhone, then in that situation, your iPhone will be inaccessible to iTunes. Hence, you’ll need to disable restriction on iPhone.
To deactivate the restriction on iPhone proceed with the following:
- Open Settings and select General option in your iPhone.
- Look for the option Restriction in there.
- When you find it, disable it and enter your passcode.
Solution 2: Reset The Lockdown Folder
If you delete the lockdown folder on your device, then the iTunes will recreate the directory. And, it will help you to solve the iTunes error 0xe8000015.
- Press both ‘Windows key’ and ‘R’ together to open the Run command box.
- Now, type ‘%ProgramData%’ in the box and click ‘OK’.
- Search for the folder ‘Apple’ and open it.
- There you’ll find the ‘Lockdown’ folder. Delete it from your device.
- In the Finder, select Go. Then choose Go to Folder option.
- Now, type ‘/var/db/lockdown’ and then click on the return button.
- Press the ‘View’ tab to see the files.
- Here, delete all the files from the list. Don’t delete the Lockdown folder, instead delete the files within that folder.
Solution 3: Check Network Connection
If there is an issue regarding network connection in your device, this might affect your iTunes software. Thus, you need to be sure that the iPhone is appropriately connected to the network.
- To check the cellular connection, go to iPhone ‘Settings’, then click on the ‘Cellular’ option. Now, you just have to turn off and then turn on the cellular connection.
- In case of WiFi network, open ‘Settings’ on iPhone. Then choose the ‘WLAN’ option. Now, check whether your device is connected to a right WiFi network or not. Or, make sure your iPhone is within the network range.
Solution 4: Check iPhone Storage
If there is not enough available space on your iPhone, you may not be able to connect iPhone to iTunes. In this way, you need to free up more space on your iPhone by deleting some unimportant items. Or, you can choose to ‘backup the files’ prior, and then delete them from iPhone. To check iPhone space,
- First click on ‘Settings’.
- Then choose the option ‘General’.
- At last, click on ‘iPhone Storage’ to check the memory capacity available in your device.