It is quite annoying if the laptop screen starts flickering all of a sudden. Every one of us wants to use a flawless laptop. After all, it takes a huge amount to pay while buying a laptop. Unfortunately, Lenovo laptop screen flickering is one of the most common issues of a laptop.
What causes Lenovo laptop screen flickering problem?
A laptop screen can flicker continuously or occasionally. Whenever it flickers or not, it indicates the hardware failure. It results from a loose or damaged screen cable, but the driver, inverter, and backlight can also cause this problem.
- Inverter: It provides the backlight power. It converts the AC current to DC. If suddenly the inverter board shortens, then it can be a cause for your laptop screen flickering.
- Backlight Lamp: The inverter board produces power for the laptop LCD and LED display. Your laptop’s screen may flicker for the improper connection of the inverter board.
- Driver: If you are accessing your laptop with the backdated Driver, then it may create a huge malfunction.
- Virus or malware: A virus can be damaging to any system. To avoid any Virus or Malware, you can run an antivirus to root out all the virus from your Lenovo laptop.
Fix Lenovo laptop screen flickering
- Refresh rate: You should maintain a proper Refresh rate. Refresh rate indicates that how many times your laptop screen redraws in each second. According to the capability of the CPU, you should maintain the refresh rate. Unless it results in screen flickering. To avoid the poor quality of the display, choose “Screen Resolution” by clicking right at your laptop display, then click “Advanced Settings” and “Monitor.” Thus, you can also avoid and manage Lenovo laptop screen flickering horizontal lines.
- Update graphics driver: An outdated driver is one of the biggest causes. So always try to maintain updated graphics card driver. One of the easiest ways to update the up-to-date driver is using Driver Easy. Run Driver Easy and click Scan now. It detects the errors with the drivers. For a troublesome graphics driver, it installs the current version of the driver.
- Lenovo laptop screen flickering horizontal lines can be corrected if you turn on vertical sync. It prevents the refresh rate of an application. Therefore, it is helpful to reduce horizontal flicker.
- Hardware failure: Since backlight and inverter damage can cause to this problem, you should consult a technician.
- An older monitor is one of the most likely reasons. In such cases, you need to replace the monitor.
- Reboot or restart: when the display starts flickering, all you sometimes need to do is, remove the battery once. Keep it outside for a few minutes. After that, re-attach the battery to the laptop and plug the charger immediately. You may face a flicker-free display as a result.
- Raise your laptop twice, thrice or more to check whether the flickering of the display is more likely to cause for the movement of the laptop. In such cases, you need to repair it entirely.
To avoid Lenovo laptop screen flickering you just follow the steps and the instructions above. You will definitely find these as viable solutions.