Skype is one of the most popular online messaging services for reliable and comfortable conversations. But sometimes there may be issues like “SkypeCan’t Access Sound Card” that appear once in a while. This error is usually caused with your sound card due to some technical failures. Skype sometimes no longer has access to the microphone due to the Windows update. When you’re chatting with your family and friends, it’s quite annoying experience, and suddenly Skype can’t get into the microphone and sound. So, if you’re going through the same problem and you’re looking for a solution to get rid of it, you’ve just dropped on the right page. We will elaborate on the basic causes of this error in this content and how this error can be resolved. We therefore recommend that you go through this topic so that you can’t access the sound card to fix skype.
- 1 Probable Causes Of “Skype Can’t Access Sound Card” Error
- 2 Effective Methods to Overcome From “Skype Can’t Access Sound Card” Error
Probable Causes Of “Skype Can’t Access Sound Card” Error
This error has several causes when “Skype can not access the Windows 10 sound card.” Sometimes this error occurs when you upgrade your computer to a new version of Windows. Upgrading your version of Windows will reset the permission settings in skype, resulting in this error. Another major reason for this error is “old drivers of sound cards.” If you use the sound card driver’s back-dated version, this will result in this error. This issue is also sometimes caused by the outdated Skype version or the corrupted Skype application version. Therefore, take effective steps to get rid of this error as soon as possible. In the next section, we will explore all possible ways to get rid of this failure.
Effective Methods to Overcome From “Skype Can’t Access Sound Card” Error
We have prepared some easy hacks to overcome this issue. Applying these methods will help you to solve this error as soon as possible. We recommend you to go through all the methods one by one to make sure if the issue is gone.
Method 1: Delete Audio Device From Your Windows
The problem with “Skype can’t access sound card” is probably caused due to a bad audio device. Therefore, you need to delete the audio device in order to fix this issue. These are some steps given to perform the task.
- Press “Windows+X” at the same time on your keyboard and navigate to the “Device Manager” from the menu.
- Search the “Sound, Video, And Game Controllers Section” from the list to find the “Audio Device”.
- Now, strike a right-click on the “Audio Device” to uninstall the service.
- Once the uninstallation completed, restart your computer and your Windows will automatically install the audio devices once done with all the steps.
Method 2: Disable Your Audio Devices Temporarily
At times, the problem with the sound card in Skype might occur in audio devices. In this case, you need to disable the audio devices temporarily to resolve this issue. Follow the steps given below to disable your Audio Devices temporarily.
- Open “Device Manager” on your computer and locate your “Audio Devices” from the menu.
- Strike a “Right-Click” over that and select “Disable Audio Device”.
- Restart your computer and do the same process to enable it again from the menu.
Now, check your system if the issue with “Skype Audio” continues or not. If it still persists, follow another method given under.
Method 3: Make Sure that You’ve set a Correct Playback Device In Skype
Some users have multiple audio devices in their computer, and they mistakenly set up an incorrect audio device resulting in this error. Therefore, you need to make sure that your Skype playback device is correct. Follow the steps below to check this method.
- Open Skype on your computer and select “Tools” from the settings and then navigate to “Options”.
- Search the “Audio Settings” from the list and then expand the “Speakers” segment.
- Now, find the genuine “Audio Device” which is applicable for Skype, and click on “Save” to save the changes.
Restart your computer and open Skype again to check if the issue is resolved. If the error still persists, try another method given below.
Method 4: Adjust Speaker Settings In Skype
Many users mistakenly turn off their “Automatically Adjust Speakers Settings” in Skyperesultsh result in this issue. Therefore, to change the speaker’s settings in Skype, follow the hacks below.
- Open Skype on your computer and search the “Tools” tab from settings.
- Navigate to “Options” from the menu and then open “Audio Settings” in Skype.
- Now, uncheck the “Automatically adjust speaker settings” from the “Speaker section” and then click “Save” button to save the changes.
Once you are done, restart your computer and check the issue is resolved. If the bug still persists, try another method listed below.
Method 5: Enable and then Disable Your Main Speakers
If you have playback sound problems in your Skype, this may be due to the main speakers. Sometimes the malfunction of the main speaker due to some technical errors leading to this error. You must therefore disable your main speakers and then allow them to escape this issue again. Follow the steps given below to enable and disable the main speakers.
- Strike a right-click on the speaker icon which is on the bottom-right corner of the Window.
- Select “Playback devices” from the menu and then hit a right-click on the empty space in “Playback Device Window”.
- Now, make sure that both the “Show Disabled Devices” and “Show Disconnected Devices” have been checked.
- Once you have checked all those options, right-click your “Audio Device” from the menu and select “Disable” and then click again to “Enable” the main speakers.
Apply all the changes and restart your desktop to check whether the issue persists or not.
We mentioned all the methods we could use to solve this problem. You can try one or all of these methods of overcoming the “Skype can’t access sound card” error. Hopefully, this article has been beneficial enough to help you deal with this problem. If the problem persists, it could be due to hardware faults. In that case, it’s better to leave your system to a professional hand or get an expert’s help.