Chrome’s PDF Extension’s primary function is to allow the user to open the PDF file. It locks other software access like Adobe Reader, and so on, though. Continue reading as it lacks features like Bookmark. For example, if you want to read a long PDF, you need to disable the Chrome PDF viewer as well. Many Google Chrome users reported encountering this problem, so they wanted to know how to disable pdf viewer for chrome. Stay with this article, as we’re discussing all the techniques that can help you get rid of this problem.
Possible Ways to disable Google Chrome PDF Viewer From 57 Version and Onwards
Well, for all versions below the 57, the disabling process is easier. You need to go to the plugin page. After that, you should type in the Google search box the comment’ about plugins’ and press Enter. Now, the Google Chrome PDF viewer can be easily disabled. If you see that you can’t open your plugin page for Google Chrome, you can use version 57 of Chrome and beyond. The plugin page may be disabled as in those versions. In addition, there are also other effective steps. Look at the steps below to find out the right strategies to disable the Chrome PDF viewer.
- In the beginning, go to the home page of your computer and then open the Google Chrome browser. Now on the top right corner, you can see the More options button. Click on that and then select the Settings option on your Google Chrome.
- After that, you need to Click on the Show advanced settings option.
- A new page will open and from there you need to tap on the Privacy option. Under the Privacy section, you can see two option are there and from there you have to click on the Content Settings button.
- Now the Content Setting page will open and you should scroll down below and find the PDF documents. After that, uncheck the box that may locate beside the ‘Open PDF files in the default PDF viewer application’ and then click on the Done button to save the settings.
Finally, restart your computer to take the effect of these changes.
Other Possible Ways to Disable Google Chrome PDF Viewer From 60 Version and Onwards
As Google has updated Google Chrome’s latest version, this means that you have no choice to disable and enable the Google Chrome PDF viewer. It is set to be activated by default. You need to change the Chrome viewer settings to any other software in those cases. So, you need to set a default app on your computer if you want to view your PDF to the other applications. One common question that may arise in your mind is how you can set your machine to a default application. Well, you’ll get your answer in the sections below. So focus on the remaining part.
- At first, you should Find a PDF file from your File Explorer and once you have found it then right click on it.
- After right clicking, you might get a lot of option, scroll down below till you see the Open with the option and then you need to choose another application.
- Now highlighted that application that you may want to see to view your PDF files.
- Post that tick on the Always use this app to open .pdf files button.
- Now click OK and your changes now saved on your computer.
Restart your machine and now you can view your PDF reader to any application rather than the Google Chrome. Hope by now you have a clear idea about how to disable chrome pdf viewer.
How you can confirm that Google Chrome PDF Viewer is Disabled?
We believe you can easily disable the Google Chrome viewer with the help of step-by-step guidance. Regardless of what the version may be. Now is the time to make sure the disabling procedure is finished. Confirming it. You simply need to select and open any PDF file. If the default software is open, this means that your work is done.
So, it’s all about disabling the pdf viewer for Chrome. Google Chrome is, without a doubt, a great tool that allows you to read the PDF without downloading. If you want more features, however, then try another application that will give you more features than Chrome. Leave us feedback in the comment section below in case of any confusion or second thought.