Avira Antivirus is one of the popular free antivirus software which protects operating systems from spyware, trojan and virus threats. With regular usage, many bugs occur in the system. Several users complain about Avira Setup Error Code 7 whenever they turn on the Avira Antivirus.
Symptoms of Avira Setup Error Code 7
- After the Windows Software Recovery, there might be a damage in the Avira uninstall routine. An error message appears which shows that the Setup is not able to check the feature control file or it is unable to read it accurately. Besides the message, there is an ‘Error Code 7’ display.
- The PC frequently crashes with the Error Code 7 when running the Avira Antivirus.
- Avira Antivirus program closes down after the Error 7 message appears.
What are the causes of Setup Error Code 7?
- One of the most common reasons for Error Code 7 is a faulty download and an incomplete installation of Avira Antivirus Software.
- A malicious program mistakenly deleted essential Avira Antivirus files.
- A corrupted Windows Registry after an Avira Antivirus software change can also result in Error Code 7.
- Virus or malicious programs can delete important program files of Avira Antivirus program which results in the Setup Error 7.
Troubleshooting Strategies to Fix Avira Setup Error Code 7
This issue will likely arise after the Windows System Recovery. Due to this, the Avira Uninstall routine gets damaged and triggers the error. A reinstallation process of Avira Antivirus is a common remedy for this problem.
Firstly, uninstall the Avira product from your computer completely. Follow the given steps to do the same.
- Get to the start menu button first. Then, select the Control Panel.
- From there, go to the Program and Files and uninstall Avira from the system. Once the uninstalling is done, follow it up by redownloading Avira Antivirus and install it again.