Using conventional techniques, most users were unable to uninstall Chromium from their system. While this can certainly be a problem with installation, there’s more to it. Most likely, this issue is caused by the wrong package of Chromium that is malware or virus. Malware is bundled with freeware on some downloaded websites. In any case, if in the same problem you find yourself helpless and have no idea how to remove Chromium? “Then this article will immediately help you solve the problem. We have provided some important technical information to help you remove the chromium from your system.
How to remove Chromium? Ways to Eliminate it
Chromium is basically a legitimate, Google-powered open-source browser. In addition, Chromium looks nearly the same as Google Chrome. It’s aimed at harming your system because hackers only use it. A virus has injected it into your system. You can’t uninstall Chromium from your system using normal methods because it’s not listed in the option Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features. You can’t easily uninstall Chromium from your system for that. So, this would definitely lead to a rather generic query, that is, “how to remove Chromium? “If you can’t remove the chromium, you’ll need to make sure you’re using either a virus-attacked version or a clean chromium. Then removing chromium is easy for you. Here, in the section below, you’ve got a collection of procedures that help you to get rid of your system of chromium. Stay tuned to this article, therefore.
Procedure 1: Uninstall from the Control Panel and remove the AppData folder
To remove the legitimate version of the Chromium from your computer, perform the below action:
- To launch the Run box, press Windows key + R. in the Run box, type appwiz.cpl and then, press the Enter button to launch Programs and Features option.
- Scroll down through the list of Program and Features option and search for the chromium and right-click on it. After that, press the Uninstall option and to remove Chromium from your system.
Further, restart the system and if the Chromium icon still your desktop, then proceed with the next steps.
At first, open a File Explorer and head to the C drive. After that, go to the Users option.
Then, in the next page, proceed with the Your Personal Folder. Later, go to the Your Personal Folder and then, select AppData> Local option.
If you do not locate the folder then you might be disabled the folder. You need to turn on it again.
In AppData option, choose the Chromium folder and eliminate the data files completely from the list. You need to make sure that after deleting it from the AppData, clean Recycle Bin. After that, reboot your system and then check whether the Chromium icon still persists on the desktop or not.
Procedure 2: Eliminate the Chromium malware manually
- Fortunately, there is a way to uninstall malware-affected Chromium from your system. To do so, follow the full instructions below:
- Launch the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc at a time. After that, navigate to the Processes window and locate the Chromium from the list.
- Then, right-click on any of the folders and choose Open File Location option.
- To remove, malware folder from your system, you need to close every Chromium process. Otherwise, you unable to delete the files. Keeping this in mind, close all the Chromium process from the Task Manager and proceed with the next steps.
- After closing all the Chromium process, return to the malware affected folder and eliminate the main executable files or Exlopre.exe files.
- After removing all the files select all the files and then delete the Explore folder.
- Later, delete the leftover Data folder and scroll up in the folder hierarchy to the Local option.
- At last, from the Local option, remove the Games bot folder. After that, clean Recycle Bin and restart your system.
Your system will start without Chromium.
We look forward to our solutions helping you remove Chromium from your system. You should follow our articles to learn more about these problems and their solutions.