Users generally encounter error 0x80040115 whenever they try to send or receive an email. Error 0x80040115 basically stops them from sending or receiving any kind of emails via outlook. Due to its extraordinary as well as innovative features, Outlook application is the most widely used by people. Whenever a user tries to send or receive any email, an error message is displayed. So if you are in the middle of sending an important email and you find Outlook Error 0x80040115 on your desktop, then it might land you in a tragic situation.
If you are looking to fix Outlook error 0x80040115.
Common reasons for error 0x80040115
It is normal to face issues with Outlook, but sometimes it becomes pretty complex to solve the issues on your own. Since email is the most preferred way of communication nowadays, you cannot afford to miss an email. Here is a list of some common reasons for your system to show Outlook error while sending or receiving any mail.
- It mainly occurs when you improperly install the Outlook application on your system.
- If there is a conflict between the internal system present on your device, this type of error occurs. Since it is a software issue, it is always recommended to connect to an expert to resolve the issue.
- Sometimes by clicking on emails or web links from unknown sources can install malware on your device. Having malware or virus infection your device can result in Outlook sending error 0x80040115, due to which you won’t be able to send or receive any emails. Presence of malware or viruses also damages your device in many ways.
- An oversized PSD file can also be leading cause for the outlook error.
- You might also have an issue with the internet connection due to which you cannot send or receive any email.
- Sometimes there can be a problem with the email server also. Issues with the email server can stop you from sending or receiving an email from your device.
Some Quick Tips to fix the Outlook Error 0x80040115
- Open your Outlook, go to the Control Panel and open the Mail item.
- After this, you can select the Show Profiles. After selecting the show profiles, select your profile to go into the Properties. Go to the Properties option click on your E-mail Account. In the Email account click on the Microsoft Exchange account. Finally, click on Change to exchange the account.
- A dialogue box will appear which contains your mailbox server as well as your username.
- Inside the dialogue box click on More Settings. After clicking on the setting option, the Microsoft Exchange dialogue box will appear. Inside the dialogue box, select the Security tab.
- Check the security tab, select the Encrypt option and further encrypt the data between MS Outlook and MS Exchange box. Finally, click on OK to fix the Outlook Error 0x80040115
you are able to solve it on your own.