Are you getting the error message ‘McAfee real-time scanning won’t stay on’? This is just a standard issue which users often face. The McAfee real-time scanning won’t stay on Windows 10 can be a real threat. Since it increases the possibility of virus and malware attack, along with that this particular problem can cause your data and system files corrupted.
What Causes McAfee Real Time Scanning Won’t Stay On Issue
There are numerous reasons because of which you might have to face this kind of problem on your Windows 10 desktop or laptop. Here are the particular reasons because of which you may have encountered this problem.
- Corrupted system files
- Conflict with other security software installed
- Outdated McAfee Antivirus security definition
These are the primary reasons because of which real-time scanning McAfee won’t stay on. We are going to give you some tested hacks to fix this problem. But still solving this issue can be a real challenge. Proceeding with this steps need to have some advanced computing skills.
If you don’t feel confident enough, you can let the experts solve this problem for you.
In that case, all you have to do is dial the toll-free Support Helpline Number for McAfee and talk to the experts about the problem. They will definitely guide you with the solution.
Fix: McAfee Real Time Scanning Won’t Stay On Windows 10
Restart Your PC
Let’s start with the easiest fix. At times, some temporary issue can give you a hard time and you have to face McAfee real-time scanning won’t stay on. To restart your Windows 10 PC, follow these steps given below…
- Firstly, Open settings
- Then, Go to update security and choose Recovery
- After that, select Restart Now
- Now from the login screen Click on the option Troubleshoot
- Then from Startup settings select Restart to boot your computer in Safe Mode
Remove other Security Software
Is there any other security software installed on your PC? Then the conflict with that must be the reason for the problem. Remove if there is any other security software installed. To uninstall other security software, follow the steps here.
Go to Control Panel and Select the Uninstall program button from the list. Now Choose the Security Software you need to remove. Right-Click on it and tap the uninstall button.
In some cases, there can be a problem uninstalling the third-party security software following the above process. I have an alternate method for you.
Open Windows Run first and then type ‘appwiz.cpl.’ and click Run
- Find the security software you want to remove
- Right Click and select the Uninstall button
- Click Next and go through all other additional dialogue boxes
- Finally, Restart your Windows PC to proceed with the changes
Fix the System Files: Run SFC Scannow
You can fix the system files to resolve the McAfee Not Responding issue. Follow the steps given below to Run SFC Scannow
- Open the Command prompt Press the Windows Key from the Keyboard
- Type cmd and right click on the ‘Command Prompt.’
- Now Click on Run as Administrator
- Click Yes
- Then Type SFC /SCANNOW and hit the Enter button
- Now you need to wait a few minutes to complete the process
- Then Restart your PC
This step requires vast knowledge of the Windows System Files. If you are a beginner level computer user, it is highly recommended to try these under experts supervision. Visit Support Live Chat Portal and talk to the chat assistants to get help with the problem.
Tried all the above solution correctly? But, still facing the problem? Here is another solution which might work for you.
Reset Security Service Center
- Follow these simple and easy steps to reset your Security Service Center
- Firstly, go to Search and type service.msc, to open facilities.
- And then, Find the Security Center service.
- Now, Right-Click the Security Centre Services and Select Reset.
- Finally, Restart your computer.
Get Real-time Assistance – Support For McAfee Antivirus
If you want to get instant fixes for your real-time scanning, McAfee won’t stay on the problem you can get that from the Customer Support. They have multiple contact channels you can choose from-
Call Support: Dial Support Tech for McAfee number: [ ] anytime. They work round the clock. So, whenever you face any issue, you can get the fixes from them.
Live Chat Support: They have a dedicated chat support portal for the customers. Anytime you can visit the Live Chat portal of Support and talk to the executives about your issues.