Like other external hardware devices, any audio devices such as headphones, microphone, and speakers connected to the machine, needs a driver to provide a software component to the device. Realtek Audio Driver Windows 7 can be a little tricky to access and manage, but this driver allows you to listen to audio in HD.
Realtek audio driver windows 7 is one of the most used sound drivers, which provides a high quality of sound. Moreover, it comes with the latest functionality that is required for any of the audio devices.
Realtek high definition audio driver Windows 7 – Possible Reasons Of Error
If you are having issues with Realtek high definition audio driver Windows 7, you will fail to play the audio. You may see one of the following common error messages in Windows:
- This device cannot start. Code 10
- The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
- Audio Driver Error: Most of the times, the driver either does not support the current audio format or is in use by another application.
- Bad DirectSound driver. Error code 88780078.
How to install the Realtek audio driver?
Generally, the Realtek audio driver windows 7 can be installed automatically. After downloading the driver, you need to double-click on the file to install the driver. If you fail to install it in this way, you can try another way to install it manually, by following the steps below.
- Press Win+R (Windows key and R key) at the same time.
- You will see a Run dialogue box popping up.
- Type devmgmt.msc in the run box and click OK button.
- In Device Manager, expand category sound, video, and game controllers.
- Under this category, right-click on Realtek High Definition Audio. Then click Update Driver.
- Click Browse my Computer for driver software. Follow these above-mentioned steps and install Realtek HD audio driver.
If you are unable to install Realtek HD audio driver, then try to automatically update it: if you are not patient enough to update manually, you can do it easily with certain important software.
It is better to get in touch with the experts to know more about this software. Installation takes only a few minutes. Sometimes, some issues may crop up leaving you confused. So it is better to approach Support for Realtek for instant and quick solutions.
When you install Realtek audio driver on your PC, you are provided with Realtek HD Audio Manager. You can use this to play with the PC sound.
Note: Never update and install any audio drive unless and until it requires the new version. As unnecessary updates can cause a problem with the stability of the laptop or the computer.