Most users sometimes encounter an error message stating that the application was unable to start correctly followed by error code 0xc00007b. They encounter this annoying problem when trying to launch an application on Windows. This usually happens when you try to update the Operating System from Windows ‘ earlier version. It is therefore essential to get rid of this problem with the most appropriate solutions as soon as possible. You may have tried different techniques to get rid of this frustrating issue and most of the cases failed. But this 0xc00007b error also has some relatively simple fixes. Here we’ve come up with the most effective of these in this content. Therefore, if you suffer from this annoying problem, keep reading the writing-up to get a clear idea of the different methods of solving it thoroughly. Stay tuned to your content.
- 1 What Causes Windows error code 0xc00007b?
- 2 Handy solutions for application was unable to start correctly 0xc00007b issue
- 2.1 Fix # 1: Run the software as Administrator
- 2.2 Fix # 2: Reinstall the faulty application
- 2.3 Fix # 3: Run check disk
- 2.4 Fix # 4: Update the Operating System
- 2.5 Fix # 5: Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages
- 2.6 Fix # 6: Uninstall the Microsoft .NET framework
What Causes Windows error code 0xc00007b?
In order to fix any error at first, it is essential to know the exact cause of this error. So at first know the causes and then resolve it with the most suitable solutions. There are various reasons responsible for the error code 0xc00007b. Hence, take a look below:
- Basically, the error 0xc00007b implies an invalid image format. Moreover, when you are trying to start an application which is compatible with the Windows 64 bits Operating System but you are system is running with the 32-bit Operating System. Hence, this missing up cause the error 0xc00007b.
- Moreover, this annoying problem can also pop up when you want to launch a high graphics gaming application on your system.
- If the installed software not running as Administrator, this implies the error 0xc00007b.
- Problematic application or damaged files are also reasons for the error code 0xc00007b.
- Hardware related problem also occurs the application was unable to start correctly (0xc00007b).
Handy solutions for application was unable to start correctly 0xc00007b issue
You can troubleshoot this annoying problem using several methods. Try to follow all of them carefully and apply the fixes.
Fix # 1: Run the software as Administrator
You can fix the error simply by running the application as an Administrator. Go through the undermentioned steps:
At first, select the application which you want to open and right-click on it. After that select the Properties option.
Next, navigate to the Compatibility option. Tick on the blank box corresponding to the Run this program as an administrator. After that click on the Ok option.
At last, try to run the application and check the status of the error.
Fix # 2: Reinstall the faulty application
If after applying the above method, you have failed to eradicate the problem, uninstall the application and reinstall the program. Because the application may contain some files that have been damaged, you will be facing this problem as a result. Go to the Control Panel option to uninstall it, then go to the Program and Features option. Look for the application after that and after right-clicking on it, select the Uninstall option. Open a web browser, therefore, and search for the application. Select the latest version of the application and download it. Install it on your system and checkif without the error the application opens.
Fix # 3: Run check disk
The error code 0xc00007b also prevail from a hardware issue. So to be sure, you need to check your hard drive. Hence, run the check disk from the Command Prompt and follow the instructions given below:
- Open the Command Prompt by typing cmd in the search box. After that right-click on it and press on the Run as administrator option.
- After that enter command chkdsk X:/f/r. Point to be noted that in place of X you can enter your drive name which you want to repair.
- After that follow the on-screen instruction in order to check the drive. Therefore, check whether the problem still exists or not.
Fix # 4: Update the Operating System
Updating your system’s operating system is another effective cure for this issue as well. To do this, go to the option Control Panel. Go to the System and Security option and then to the System option. You’ll find the Windows Update option in the bottom left corner. Click on it. If you are using an updated version, update the system and restart your computer. Check this can then help you to fix the error.
Fix # 5: Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages
Failed to install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages, error code 0xc00007b may also pop up. You need to uninstall and reinstall the package on your system to repair it. Search and right-click the package. Head to the option of the control panel. Then Programs > Functions and Programs. Add the redistributable packages of Microsoft Visual C++ to Select. Click it right-click and click the Uninstall option. Then download it and install it from the manufacturer’s website with the latest version. Reboot the system after completion of the installation process.
Fix # 6: Uninstall the Microsoft .NET framework
Add on, in some cases also responsible for error code 0xc00007b in the Microsoft. NET framework. You need to uninstall the Microsoft. NET framework in your system to eliminate the complication. To do this, start the option Control Panel. Then follow the steps mentioned above. In this case, instead of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages, you must select the Microsoft. NET framework. To remove the framework, hit the Uninstall option. After that, go to the official website of Microsoft and download and install the framework from there. We certainly hope that with the solutions given above, you managed to fix the error code 0xc00007b. Apply them as directed and instantly get rid of the error. Give us feedback in the comment section below if there is any confusion or trouble.