Wireless or USB mouse is any computer’s very useful input device. It can help to work on Windows systems via the Graphical User Interface or GUI. So, you’re going to face many problems when it stops working. Wireless mouse does not work with Windows 10 is one such issue. This problem can be caused by so many reasons. In this article, we discussed the steps needed in Windows 10 device to fix wireless or USB mouse-related issues.
- 1 Ways To Solve Wireless Mouse Not Working Windows 10
- 1.1 Method 1 – By Reinstalling The Wireless Mouse Driver
- 1.2 Method 2 – By Disabling The Fast Startup Option
- 1.3 Method 3 – For USB/Bluetooth Mouse Or Keyboard
- 1.4 Method 4 – By Turning Off Filter Keys
- 1.5 Method 5 – By Turning Off Your Machine
- 1.6 Method 6 – By Enabling USB Mouse
- 1.7 Method 7 – By Changing The USB Power Management Settings
- 2 Wrap It Up
Ways To Solve Wireless Mouse Not Working Windows 10
We’ve sorted the top 7 methods for fixing wireless mouse in Windows 10 based on the research. These methods are very user-friendly and very simple. So, if you’re a user of Windows 10, you can easily fix the problem by carefully following the instructions. Look at the following solutions.
Method 1 – By Reinstalling The Wireless Mouse Driver
If you can reinstall the wireless Mouse Driver, then you can easily solve wireless mouse not working Windows 10 problem.
- At the very first, you have to press the Windows key and the X key at the same time.
- After that, you need to click on the Device Manager option, and then, expand Mice and Other Devices.
- Now, you need to right-click on the wireless mouse and then click again on the Update Driver Software option.
- Once you have done it, you need to click ‘Browse my computer for the driver software’ option.
- After that, you have to choose the ‘Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer’ option.
- Once you are done, you need to un-tick the box for ‘Show compatible hardware’ and then select one of the listed devices.
- Now, you have to click on the Next button to continue the process.
- Then, you have to click Yes and restart your computer for the changes to take place.
- After restarting the computer, you have to go through the process again. Now, you have to tick the box for ‘Show compatible hardware’. Once it is done, you have to select the appropriate driver for your device.
When the installation process is successfully finished, restart your computer and check if the problem is resolved or not.
Method 2 – By Disabling The Fast Startup Option
This is another important method that helps you pretty much. To do this, press both the Windows key and the X key from your keyboard at the same time. Then click the Power option and then click the option’ Select what the power button is doing.’ After that, to continue the process, you must click on the option’ Change Settings that are currently unavailable.’ Now, un-tick the box for the option’ Turn on Quick Startup.’ Click and exit on Save Changes. You need to restart your computer after doing all these things, and you need to solve the problem of not working Windows 10 wireless mouse.
Method 3 – For USB/Bluetooth Mouse Or Keyboard
You need to type control in the Windows Search bar in this step and from the list find the Control Panel. Then you need to select and click the Control Panel. When the Control Panel opens, click on the View Devices and Printers option to continue the process under the Hardware and Sound section. Once done, right-click the wireless mouse or keyboard and then select the Properties option. You have to switch to the Hardware tab after that. Then click on the device of the HID. Now, you must click on the option Properties. Then click the Change Settings option again and switch to the Power Management tab afterwards. You must uncheck the option “Allow the computer to switch off this device to save power” after doing all of these. The process is nearly finished, just click the Apply option and then press OK. Now, you need to reboot your computer and check that you can solve the unsuccessful Windows 10 USB mouse.
Method 4 – By Turning Off Filter Keys
If you still get the problem, the filter key can be switched off. You must type’ control’ as previous in the Windows Search bar at the very first, and then click Control Panel to open it. You need to click the Ease of Access option in the Control Panel. Click Ease of Access after that and then scroll down. Find and select to continue with the option’ Make the keyboard easier to use.’ Also, make sure that the’ Turn On Filter Keys ‘ option is unticked under’ Make typing easier.’ Now, click Apply and then click OK. Finally, restart and reboot your PC to save all changes and check whether or not the wireless mouse is functioning properly.
Method 5 – By Turning Off Your Machine
This is another quick method by which you can easily identify why USB mouse not working Windows 10 and fix the issue.
- At first, you have to press the Windows key and the R key at the same time.
- Then, you have to type ‘cmd’ and press the Enter key.
- Now, type ‘shutdown /s /f /t 0’ and again hit the Enter button to shut down the computer.
- Now, start again your PC and check if the problem is disappeared or not. Though this is quite a simple process to do, it is quite effective.
- If the USB mouse not working Windows 10 issue still exists, then you need to follow the next method.
Method 6 – By Enabling USB Mouse
By using the Device Manager you can easily enable the USB mouse.
- Firstly, you have to press the Windows key and the R key at the same time.
- Then, you need to type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and then you have to hit the Enter key for opening the Device Manager.
- After doing so, press the tab to choose the computer name.
- Then, you have to navigate to ‘Mouse and other pointing devices’.
- Now, you have to press the Alt key and the right arrow key from your keyboard at the same time for expanding the group.
- By using the down arrow key, navigate on HID-compliant mouse and then you need to press the Shift key and the F10 key at the same time for opening the Properties list.
- Then, select Enable Device and you have to press Enter.
- At last, you have to test your USB mouse and close Device Manager.
Method 7 – By Changing The USB Power Management Settings
- Press the Windows key and the R key at the same time, then type ‘devmgmt.msc’.
- Then, hit the Enter button and open the Device Manager.
- Press Tab for selecting the computer name.
- Using the down arrow key, you have to navigate on Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
- Now, press the Alt key and right arrow key for expanding the Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
- Now, by using the down arrow key, navigate on the USB root hub (HUB 3.0).
- Then, you need to enter on the keyboard for opening USB root hub (USB 3.0) Properties.
- After that, you have to go to the General tab and then open the Power Management tab. In this tab, you have to choose theAllow the computer to turn off this device to save power option. To do this, you have to press the Ctrl key and space key at the same time and deselect the ‘Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power’.
- Press the Enter key. Then, press the Alt key and F4 key at the same time to close the Device Manager.
- Finally, you need to restart your computer and check if the problem is fixed or not.
Wrap It Up
These are the top seven methods which can help to fix the wireless mouse issue. Hope, now you know how to fix wireless mouse not working Windows 10.