Firefox error 2046 can appear when you install a program while running a system related software of Firefox. This error will crash the active program windows and will display ‘Error 2046 Firefox’. If you continue to run the same program, your Pc will keep on crashing. It happens due to a missing file in Firefox installation. Windows will run slowly and fail to respond properly to the mouse and keyboard. Your computer may also freeze for a few seconds. This error is inevitable while starting or shutting windows. Most often this problem develops on Windows 7,8,10, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows ME and Windows 2000.
What Causes Error 2046 Firefox?
Various causes can bring forth such an error. Let us try to analyze some of them one by one-
- The error can arise due to a corrupt download or an incomplete installation of Firefox software. Changes in Firefox related software will lead to corruption in the Windows Registry.
- Virus or malware attack is an important cause of such runtime errors. If any program maliciously or accidentally deletes Firefox related files, you will receive this error.
- An unclear installation of your Windows is another factor. The system junk which consists of temporary files and folders can cause this error. Either corrupted registry entries or corrupted Windows system file is making this conflict.
- If your Pc does not have the latest device drivers, it will create this error. It may happen that your Windows does not have all the latest available updates.
- This error can also pop due to a vague installation of your Windows. When you do not clear your browser cache for a long period, you will receive this error.
If Firefox predicts that the files it is trying to load are untrustworthy, it will stop working. Problem with hardware acceleration is a reason behind this error. A corrupt cache or an incorrect setting of Firefox is an exceptional cause for error 2046 Firefox. Furthermore, there is a possibility that a malicious program is causing this error.
How to troubleshoot error 2046 Firefox?
It is not very easy to troubleshoot the errors without any help from the experts. Still, you can give a try. Here are some of the ways made short and straightforward
Solution 1- Scanning
Do a full malware scan for your PC to identify the malware intruders. Use disk cleanup to clear the system junk.
Solution 2- Proper Installation
Update the drivers of your computer and install all available Window updates. A clean installation of Windows is necessary. If you find that recent system changes are causing this error, cancel them. To rectify a corrupted registry, edit Windows registry with the help of a technician.
Solution 3- Delete Cache
Delete your browser and Firefox cache. Delete all temporary internet files on your PC. If it seems that a particular program is causing this trouble, uninstall and reinstall Firefox related software.
It is always preferable to shut down and restart your computer. Windows system file checker will automatically scan and repair corruptions in Windows system files.