QuickBooks helps its users by reducing work stress as it performs all the transaction in just a few minutes. But people often encounter QuickBooks Error 6000 and do not understand how to get rid of it.
In this article, we will discuss various reasons behind QuickBooks error and how to solve them.
- 1 Causes Of QuickBooks Error Code 6000
Causes Of QuickBooks Error Code 6000
- When an existing company file is opened from a mapped drive into a computer
- The company files are stored on an External Drive instead of a local drive or network
- If the folder files which contains the company file have incorrect permissions
- Inactive server connection
- Company data conversion over internet connectivity
- QuickBooks installation was incomplete
These are some common reasons for which you may face QuickBooks Error 6000. But you can also solve this problem by applying the given solutions in this article. For further information, you also connect with their Support professionals. At Support, you will get easy and reliable solutions to fix QuickBooks error.
Easy Solution For QuickBooks Error 6000
Update QuickBooks Desktop
Update QuickBooks Desktop with the latest version. At first, go to the Settings and then go for the Automatic update. Now you will be able to download the latest updates. If you update your QuickBooks desktop on a regular basis you can easily avoid the QuickBooks issue.
Rename the QuickBooks support file
- Open the folder which contains the company file
- Then search for files which have the same name as your QuickBooks file but with extensions .tlg, .nd
- Now right-click each file and then select Rename. Then add the word ‘old’ to each of the files.
Remove spaces after the company name and before the company file extension
- Log out of QuickBooks Desktop from all machines and then open the folder where you store the company file
- Now right-click on the company file and then select Rename
- Then click on the file name and check for spaces. You can also remove spaces between the file extension and the company name.
Verify hosting status of each of the computers
For Single-User Access, close the Hosting mode:
- In the upper left, select the File > Utilities > Stop Hosting Multi-User Access
- Click “Yes” when the “Stop hosting multi-user access” appears
- Again click “Yes ” when you see the message “Company file must be closed” appears
For Multi-User Access:
- Open Window, select the File menu and then select Utilities
- Make sure that Host Multi-User Access option appears. Several client computers may display the menu option “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access” it indicates that they already use hosting multi-user access.
- Select the “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access” option on any client computer and then follow the prompts to close hosting
Close all QuickBooks processes
- Log in as the Administrator first and then press Ctrl+Shift+Esc
- Then select the user tab then highlight each QuickBooks process and then End Task
- Open the company file in multi-user mode
Hopefully, the above methods will surely help you to fix QuickBooks error 6000. For further assistance, you can contact Support professionals. At Support, you will get the best assistance from their engineers who will give you an instant fix to your issues.