You might end up in serious trouble if you forgot iPhone passcode. Though a very common issue, we often tend to commit this error. Let’s not even imagine the worst case scenario that might get created if you do not know How to Unlock iPhone Forgot Passcode.
However, we have a solution to every iPhone failure that you face. Instead of panicking, let us check how do you restore an iPhone if you forgot the passcode.
Honestly, if you do not have a backup, it will be really difficult to restore your iPhone along with all the data that you have. Yet, you still have a solution. What you’ll have to do is, you will have to erase your device which implies that consequently all your settings and data will be removed and you will be to erase the passcode as well.
Now, you have two ways to erase your device. If you have synced your device using iTunes, connect to iTunes or if you cannot sync or connect to iTunes then choose the recovery mode.
If you choose to erase your passcode using iTunes, follow the steps given below-
- First, get your device connected to the computer you synced with.
- If you are asked for a passcode try with another computer or choose the recovery mode.
- Now, wait for iTunes to sync your device. If it doesn’t click on ‘learn what to do’.
- Once the backup and restore are done click on ‘restore’.
- You will reach the Set Up Screen option where you need to tap on ‘Restore from iTunes Backup’. Lastly, just select your device on iTunes, check the date and size of each backup and opt for the most applicable one.
You have your phone erased and ready for a new passcode.
If you choose the second option i.e if you want to erase your passcode using recovery mode follow the given steps-
- For this, you will have to connect your iPhone with a computer. If you don’t have one, you can visit Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider.
- Once your device gets connected, try restarting forcibly.
For iPhone 7, 7s, 8, 8s and x try restarting with the Volume and Side buttons.
Whereas for iPhone 6s you need to press and hold the Home and Top buttons at the same time until you see the recovery- mode on your screen.
When you come across the restore or update option select restore. Wait for the device to set-up and you are all set to use device afresh with a new passcode. However, if this exceeds 15 minutes, we’re afraid you will have to repeat the whole process again!