If you have a home PlayStation 4 video game console and want to play on your Windows PC, you don’t need to buy a new controller to do that. In addition, you can also use your PlayStation 4 controller on your Windows PC. Just connect your controller to your PlayStation 4 system. Do you wonder how the PS4 controller can be connected to Windows 10? Don’t get tensed. In this article, configuring your PlayStation 4 controller to connect to the Windows 10 Operating System will give you the most effective and simple steps. It’s not as simple as that, unfortunately. So we’ll show you two of the most effective ways to do it. The first is for specified programs only, but the second works for all of your games and programs. It is therefore recommended that you scroll down below and read more to learn the easy and simple methods of connecting the PS4 controller to Windows 10 PC.
Know How Windows 10 Operating System automatically Installs the PS4 Controller
The PlayStation 4 controller must be connected to your system at first. To do so, your computer’s Windows 10 operating system will install a new “Wireless Controller” device. Default Windows, however, does not map the buttons of the PlayStation 4 controller. Therefore, to connect the PlayStation 4 controller to your Windows PC, you need to make some extra configurations. Would you like to know how to configure your controller for PlayStation 4? Here are the easiest and most reliable methods to connect the PS4 controller to the operating system of Windows 10.
Method1: Configure Your PlayStation 4 Controller on Steam
Fortunately, Steam is perfectly compatible with the PlayStation 4 controller to compensate for Windows problems. Thus, although in Windows 10 Operating System the PS4 controller is not mapped, you can configure it correctly in Steam. You can easily follow these effective steps to set up the PS4 controller on Steam as described below.
- At first, you need to open Steam.
- After that, go to the Steam Big Picture interface by selecting the Controller icon in the upper right corner.
- You need to go into the settings section under the Stream’s Big Picture mode.
- After that, look for the Settings icon in the upper right portion of the screen.
- Tap on the Controller Settings option. If the Controller Setting option is not on the menu then, you need to search it in the Controller Section.
- You will get multiple options to configure a specific controller.
- You need to check for the PlayStation configuration support box.
- The Steam will automatically recognize your Controller.
- Now, you need to register your PlayStation 4 controller on your account.
The last step in customizing your controller will be helpful. In addition, you can give it a specific name, set color, deactivate or enable vibration mode, saturation, and brightness of the PS4 control’s light characteristic as you choose.
Method 2: Configure your PS4 Controller with DS4Windows
You can use this alternative option or method to connect PS4 Controller to Windows 10 Operating System if you have games on another platform. The DS4Windows is an application that allows the drivers to be installed automatically. Indeed, to set up the command properly, Windows 10 OS needs this DS4Windows application. Using this DS4Windows application, you can use your PlayStation 4 controller on your Windows 10 PC. You need to follow a few easy steps to configure your Playstation 4 controller to Windows PC via DS4Windows. The following steps are described:
- First of all, download the DS4Windows application from DS4Windows.zip file.
- Then, unzip and double-click on the file.
- Thereafter, it will ask you where you want to save the profiles of your controllers.
- Whenever you choose the Program folder, the profiles of your controller will be saved in the accurate folder of the program.
- With the help of AppData, it will save in the internal Windows files. You need to choose the one as per your preference.
- After that, you need to install the drivers.
- After completion of the installation process, tap on the Finish button on the screen.
- You will get a pull-down tab on the right with the controller’s profiles. It will also have an Edit button which can be used for editing purpose.
- You can modify the profile by adapting each and every one of the parameters of the controller, from vibration to the color.
Hopefully, the above methods are sufficient to connect your PS4 controller to the operating system of Windows 10. To provide you with the optimal solution on time, the methods are very easy and efficient. This article also guides you to follow a systematic approach for connecting the PS4 controller to the PC. Therefore, if you then want to connect your PS4 controller to Windows 10 OS, two methods must be followed. To connect the PS4 controller to PC, you can try both fixing methods to see which one gives you the ultimate solution for troubleshooting.