Canon is one of the leading printer manufacturers in the present time. It mainly designs consumer imaging products like printers, scanners, digital cameras, lenses and many more. As the Canon printers can be used for multi-purpose, this makes it the most sought-after product. Still, users have to go through some technical errors while using a Canon printer. Error code 6502 Canon printer is one such error. Most of the times it occurs due to the problem with the ink cartridge or sensor. If you’re also having trouble with your Canon printer, then no need to worry. You can solve this error with the convenient solutions, that being said, we have enlisted some quick fixes for you.
Probable Reasons For Error Code 6502 Canon Printer
A printer is an essential tool for printing or scanning hard copy of documents. Somehow if it causes problems while printing, it is likely due to Error code 6502 Canon printer. Every Canon printer user is quite familiar with this issue. As a matter of fact, there could be various probable reasons causing this issue.
Mainly error 6502 indicates ink tank position sensor error. When the error code 6502 generates, it means that your printer is unable to recognize the ink cartridge chips. Due to this reason, your printer stops printing or scanning operation.
blockage of LED is another reason in most of the cases. If there is any tape or glue that is covering the chip or LED on the rear of the cartridge, then there will be a dilemma in the printing process. And, as a result, error code 6502 will arise in your Canon printer.
How To Fix Error Code 6502 Canon Printer – Effective Solutions
Although Canon printers are otherwise excellent in performance, specific technical issues can affect it. To solve problems such as Error code 6502 Canon printer you need to know the proper solutions. Here are some of the best troubleshooting methods to fix this error properly:
Method 1: Remove Faulty Cartridge
- Firstly, turn off the printer by pressing the power button.
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer.
- Then, remove the faulty cartridge from inside.
- Next, connect the power supply. Press and hold the power button for at least 30 seconds.
- When the time is over, press the Resume button twice. This will reset the printer settings.
Method 2: Replace Ink Cartridges
- First, turn the printer off and then disconnect the power cables.
- When the printer is off, remove the cartridge.
- Now, plug back the power cable again and turn the printer on.
- Next, you have to replace all the ink cartridges and close the scanner door or lid.
Method 3: Alternate Solution
- Turn off the power button, and hold down both the resume and power button at the same time.
- When you see the green light turns on, let the resume button go. But continue to hold the power button. Then press the resume button twice.
You’ve to wait until the printer settles down. If the printer is not getting the required power supply, then remove the Power Cable from the printer and wait for 15 seconds at least. Now, again plug in the power supply and turn on the power.