How does it feel when all of a sudden you face problems with your laptop? Irritating, right! And the most common error is that the mousepad of the computer is not working. It decreases the usability of a system. Lenovo laptop introduces more issues with its mousepad as compared to other laptops. On that note, you do not need to bother if Mouse Pad on Lenovo Laptop Not Working issue comes up. It can be resolved quickly.
With more portability and functionality, a laptop is more convenient to use compared to desktop. A mousepad in a computer now replaces a regular mouse of a desktop. But if mouse pad does not respond appropriately, then it automatically decreases the functionality of a laptop.
In general, Lenovo laptop users have complained several times like “Why is my mouse pad not working on my Lenovo laptop.” Here is a list of solutions which will help you to fix the functionality of laptop mousepad.
Solutions to Mouse Pad on Lenovo Laptop Not Working:
- The operating system is not responding: You first need to check whether the operating system is responding or not. It may be a cause that the laptop is freezing which means that it does not meet even if you are giving input. In such cases, you are unable to access the mousepad of that laptop.
In this case, restart your laptop to check if the problem is solved or not.
- Check if you have disabled the mouse pad: Every laptop has function key (Fn) combinations to enable or disable the mousepad. It can be a case where you might have pressed the disabled button. To solve this issue try the following combinations :
- Press Fn + F6
- Press Fn + F9
- Fn + F12
- Fn + F5
For Lenovo laptop, you can solve the problem by this process easily.
External devices: Sometimes, external input devices automatically disable the mousepad when connected. To troubleshoot this problem, you can either turn off the laptop first or disconnect all external devices and then restart the computer.
Mouse Pad On Lenovo Laptop Not Working: Some Alternative Solutions
- Reboot your laptop: To interpret the issue, you can remove your battery for a while. After some time, you can re-attach the battery and start the computer.
- Check mouse settings: You can connect an external mouse to your USB port of the laptop to troubleshoot the mouse settings. You can fix it by following the steps:
- Open windows control panel
- Now locate the mouse pad settings and make sure you have also checked the option to enable the mousepad.
- Check device manager: If the mouse pad is not working correctly, then you can check in Device Manager. It tells the detailed information about any hardware issues.
- Update drivers: You can reinstall the mouse pad drivers. Just download the updated mouse pad drivers from Lenovo’s website and install it quickly to get it resolved.
- Check the BIOS setup: You must check the BIOS configuration. You can use your keyboard arrows to check the settings. Check the hardware device settings and if the mouse pad is disabled somehow then make sure you enable it. After this step, you need to restart your laptop.
It is frustrating when you can not access your laptop accurately. After all, everyone wants to enjoy using a computer in a fast and secure way. Just follow the steps mentioned above to troubleshoot the problem with the mousepad and get the hassle-free solutions.