Owing to such amazing features, HP laptop has gained a huge customer base. But still, you may face some problems with it. Among those problems, HP laptop headphone jack not working is a very common problem. After opening the Laptop when you put your headphone jack in your HP laptop, you will see it is not working. But no need to worry, we have the right solutions to this problem.
Here. you will get some easy fixes that will help if the problem is not major. If these solutions do not work out, that indicates that your system needs technical help.
HP Laptop Headphone Jack Not Working? – Resolve it:
It may happen for the DTS software, which has control over the audio and overridden any settings what you made. The following steps will remove DTS Control Panel and allow Windows to control the sound:
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Then, select Uninstall a program in Programs.
- Then, a list will appear, select there HD Realtek Audio and uninstall.
- At last, Restart your laptop after uninstallation.
HP Laptop Headphone Jack Not Working Windows 10 | Follow These Steps
- At first, go to Control Panel.
- Then click the Sound option.
- You have to sure that you are on the Playback tab.
- Then select the device what you are trying to fix.
- Now press the Configure button, and follow the instructions.
- After completing these all click the Properties button.
- When your changing process is done in Properties, click Apply and then OK.
- At last, click OKon the main Sound window.
If the Headphone is 3.5mm, try the below steps. First of all, make sure that your headphones are connected to the proper jack plug. And the device is recognized by the computer. The steps are:
- Connect the device to your laptop.
- The Start screen will open, write sound to open the Search bar, then from the search results select Sound.
- In the Sound window, select the Playback tab.
- Right-click on an empty area of the Sound window.
- Then click Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices.
- If the device is shown as Currently unavailable or Not plugged in, disconnect it, then again connect it to the port. If still, it can’t detect your device go to the Check the headphones or headset section to check the device and connections. If still, it is not detected, then either your drivers are missing or the headphone jack has failed already.
- To test the device you can send a signal from the sound source, and you can speak into the microphone to test a handset.
Well, I think the above-mentioned steps will solve your problem. And now your headphone jack will work in your HP laptop. In this way, you can solve out the issue easily. But still, if you have any other problems regarding HP laptop headphone jack not working.