Many people prefer Skype to make a video call as well as receive a call in just a single tap. However, you may see some conflicts in this app. For instance, the Skype playback device error. This error will not let you use the app properly.
Skype Playback Device Error: Common Causes
Skype is one of the best communication software. But, sometimes, you may face trouble during calls. While your Skype can’t access your sound card, it may also create a fatal playback sound error.
Again, when you are video calling, you won’t be able to connect with the other through your Skype application.
There are some of the common issues responsible for making this confliction.
Sometimes, you may not be able to connect through video call due to a slow internet connection. So check your WiFi connection properly. If it shows a weak signal, you must contact your ISP for fixing.
Sound Card Issue
Playback sound problem may occur for an issue with the sound card. If the Skype playback sound card is damaged somehow, you can’t enjoy a video call.
Skype Playback Device Error: Easy And Quick Solutions
- Open your Device Manager by pressing Windows +X from the keyboard.
- Now, locate your audio file and right click on it.
- Then, select Disable from the pop-up menu.
- After that, click on that Audio device and click on Enable to enable the audio file.
- Finally, close the Device manager and check whether the problem persists or not.
Still struggling with the Skype audio file error? You can try the other solution.
- If you are facing a problem while making a call, hover your mouse pointer on the Skype icon fromTaskbar.
- Now, right click on it. You will get a pop-up menu and select Quit option.
- Now, restart your system.
- Finally, reopen your Skype account.
Now, check whether your Skype is lagging or not. If you are still struggling with this Skype playback device error Windows 10.